Consumer Financial Health Index
POWERED BY CIVICSCIENCE DATA
Other indices tell you a lot about market conditions but very little about the state of the consumer –
when consumer spending represents nearly 70% of the U.S. GDP.
Today’s consumers face economic conditions and life disruptions that have never been seen before. Everything from inflation to public health to the political climate impacts how people feel and – ultimately, how they spend – almost daily.
The CivicScience Consumer Financial Health Index (CFHI) is the largest, most accurate – and most predictive – measure of how consumers respond to economic conditions and events in real-time, enabling you to reliably anticipate spending patterns by category, demographic, and even brand.
Leading financial institutions use the CFHI to forecast consumption and by leading retailers to build superior pricing, inventory, and marketing strategies.
How can the CFHI help you?
- It can help you understand how your customers, key consumer segments, and competitor's customers are feeling about their finances for the purpose of messaging, product positioning, etc.
- It is also a significant indicator of consumer spending. Which can help make predictions on purchase intent and service needs across multiple industries.
- Here are just a few of the 121 categories or industries where spending is highly correlated with the Consumer Financial Health Index:
- Automotive (vehicles and parts)
- Clothing and footwear
- Live entertainment (not incl. sporting events)
- Household appliances